School of Sacramento Ballet is looking for a full-time ballet instructor for the 2024-25 school year. The position will teach intermediate to advanced levels of ballet, beginner to advanced pointe, female solo variations, and restage standard classical works. Some substitution work is expected when needed. The ideal candidate must have danced in a professional ballet company, instructed ballet at a high level for at least 7 years, and have had choreographic or restaging experience. This is a full-time position with benefits. Salary commensurate. Please send your cover letter and resume to Jorge Laico, School Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sacramento Ballet School Assistant – Position Description
Sacramento Ballet’s Front Desk Team is made up of a group of individuals who serve as the first point of contact between Sacramento Ballet’s students, audience members and other constituents of the organization. The School Assistant is a member of the Front Desk Team and works closely with the School Administrator with oversight from the School Director. Their primary duties will be to effectively and joyfully communicate with Sacramento Ballet’s current and prospective constituents on behalf of the organization, facilitating awareness of Sacramento Ballet’s mission.
Hours fall on weekday evenings from 3 – 9 pm and Saturdays 8:30 am – 2 pm. This is a part-time position of 20-30 hours paying $16-18/hour.
Sacramento Ballet School Assistant should be prepared to:
- Report to scheduled shifts on a timely basis.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times during scheduled shifts, abiding by the Sacramento Ballet Office Dress Code.
- Maintain an ongoing familiarity with all aspects of School of Sacramento Ballet, including its mission, as well as currently standing policies and procedures. This includes being familiar with the Student Handbook, program divisions and placement guidelines, registration procedures, and all current and upcoming class schedules.
- Maintain an ongoing familiarity with the Sacramento Ballet professional company, including its mission, as well as such details as upcoming performance schedules, and current repertoire.
- Initiate and maintain clear, detailed and comprehensive documentation of communication, records, and notes.
- Relate to all constituents of Sacramento Ballet in a professional manner, with an attitude of kindness, warmth and joy.
- Complete all assigned tasks as efficiently as possible, or alternately, ensure that another staff member is taking responsibility to complete any unfinished tasks.
- Communicate with the School Administrator at any time if the working hours needed to complete assigned responsibilities are greater than budgeted working hours, and either obtain approval for overtime hours, or agree to delegate one or more tasks to another staff member.
- Use any downtime creatively with the best interest of Sacramento Ballet in mind – i.e., ensure that the Front Desk and lobby areas are kept clean and tidy, and that items including schedules are always readily available.
- Attend weekly School of Sacramento Ballet staff meetings as well as additional meetings/training as scheduled.
- Maintain records of working hours and submit a timesheet to the School Administrator bi-weekly by the given deadline.
The typical tasks completed by the School Assistant and other Team members include:
- Answering phone calls and emails, and returning phone messages.
- Interacting with students and parents of School of Sacramento Ballet, including helping them with tuition, taking payments and answering questions.
- Monitoring the building; this includes making sure that younger students don’t leave the building without an adult, and monitoring who enters and exits the building.
- Completing various communication tasks for School of Sacramento Ballet, including sending reminder emails, printing and distributing handouts, etc.
- Completing various data management tasks, including working with student records in our studio software and in Google Drive spreadsheets.
- Completing various administrative tasks for the Sacramento Ballet professional company, as assigned.
- Proof-reading of various Sacramento Ballet print and digital publications.
Skills and Qualifications
- Clear, respectful writing in documents and emails; attention to grammar and style
- Proficient in Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Forms
- Comfortable with technology of various kinds
- Self-driven and organized
- Analyzing information
- Creative problem solving
- Clear, kind verbal communication and customer service
- Attention to detail
- Building relationships with students, families and audience members
- Ability to adapt and respond in the moment
- Clear, strong communication with coworkers and superiors
- Team player
- A college education or equivalent work experience is required
Does this sound like you are a good fit?
Interested applicants should email their cover letter and resume to Sara Slocum, email@example.com.
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Sacramento Ballet is committed to racial equity and fair representation of multiple diverse populations in employment, outreach, scholarships, and all programs. We provide equity and inclusion including equitable pay, fair AGMA Union treatment; access, opportunity, ideas, perspectives, values, and advancement for all. We strive to identify and eliminate barriers as well as innate, learned, and conveyed biases that prevent full participation of our communities.
At Sacramento Ballet we know that all diversity strengthens us all. Our diversity commitment to our community aligns with that of California Arts Council, Sacramento Arts, Culture, and Creative Economy (ACCE) and Sacramento Metropolitan Arts Commission’s Race and Cultural Equity Statements. We are ever mindful, considered, and inclusive in our outreach to attain fair representation including but not limited to, race, ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic status, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ability, geography, citizenship status, religion, language, physical appearance, and those affiliating with multiple identities.
Sacramento Ballet has always been a way for communities of the Sacramento region to come together and engage with the arts and each other. Our art allows us to provide and share solace amid uncertainty, to share mutual fears and concerns, to give voice to the voiceless, and to advocate and be allies for diversity, equity, and inclusion that strengthens us all.