Dancer Registration for 2017-2018 Is Open!
Classes begin Monday, August 28th.
To register new students, please complete the Enrollment forms 2017-2018 and deliver them to our studio. Summer office hours to register dancers are Monday-Thursday, 1:00-6:00 p.m.
Any questions regarding enrollment, contact our administrative team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (916) 732-3660.
2017-2018 Children’s Division
Review the Children’s Division Schedule here.
Classes are designed to introduce young children to the fundamentals of dance. This division nurtures children’s innate joy of movement and expression while increasing flexibility, strengthening muscles, and introducing the vocabulary of ballet. Dancers complete the year with a Children’s Division Demonstration Performance in our Company’s Fry-Paoletti Stage.
- Tutu Toddlers (TTT)
- Creative Movement (CM)
- Pre-Ballet (Pre)
- Tap for Creative Movement/Pre-Ballet
- Beginning Ballet I (BBI)
- Beginning Ballet II (BBII)
- Preparatory Ballet (Prep)
- Tap for Beginning Ballet I, II, Prep
2017-2018 Student Division
Review the entire Student’s Division Schedule here.
This division is for students 8 years of age and up. Students progress at an individual pace through each level following a graded syllabus. Students complete their year with a Student Division Demonstration Performance at a local theater that includes “A Midsummer’s Night Dream”. Participation in performances is dependent upon attendance.
- Intro to Ballet: Technique, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop
- Levels 1 and 2 Ballet: Technique, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop
- Level 3 Ballet: Technique, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop
- Levels 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Ballet and Sacramento Ballet Youth Ensemble (SBYE): Technique, Pointe, Modern, Contemporary, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop and Character. This training program provides the opportunity for students to train an increased number of hours, including rehearsals and performance opportunities to expand their technical development and further artistic expression. It is designed to facilitate the pursuit of a college degree or professional career in dance.Sacramento Ballet Youth Ensemble (SBYE): SBYE is the ensemble of students that represent The School of the Sacramento Ballet at Regional Dance America/Pacific (RDA). The ensemble is chosen by an audition process. Dancers must exhibit exemplary technique, artistry, attendance and positive attitude.
- Teen and Adult Ballet:These ballet technique classes are for teens and adult students with little to no experience or for those who are returning to ballet. Suggested ballet class attire: fitted yoga style clothing or classical ballet attire and ballet shoes.
- Adult Tap
Classes for boys offer the opportunity to focus on the athletic side of ballet training. Going beyond the traditional ballet class, boys will concentrate on strengthening, jumps, turns and other aspects of training required for a male dancer.
Pointe Work begins in Level 4 with the recommendation of teachers and final approval by the School Principal. Pointe shoes may not be sewn or worn without teacher consent of fit. Pointe does not happen automatically with age or level and is based on an assessment by faculty to avoid risk to the dancer.
Level Advancement and Promotion
Advancement through The School of the Sacramento Ballet is based on many factors including a student’s strength, commitment, attendance, maturity, mastery of syllabus at grade level and artistic development as assessed by the teachers and School Principal. A student’s ability to execute the required material is considered above all else, including age. Advancement to the next level may occur at anytime during the semester, but is generally determined at the end of each school year.
Students often study ballet at the same level for a year or two. Because the range of the criteria for promotion is so diverse, it may be two or more years before a student is ready for advancement to the next level of study.
OPEN DIVISION: Drop In Classes Offered to Teens and Adults
The student open division allows students to take a drop in class. Based upon availability and evaluation by the School Principal, non-registered students may be allowed to drop into Student Division classes.
The School of the Sacramento Ballet’s Teen/Adult Open Division class is for students age 14 to adult. Students use artistic expression along with a healthy dose of exercise for both the mind and body to promote better fitness and focus in their day-to-day lives. We offer each class at a drop in rate to accommodate busy schedules – only pay for the classes you attend. All classes are $10 per class. Buy $30 and get one class free for a total of four classes!
- Teen and Adult Ballet: These ballet technique classes are for teens and adult students with little to no experience or for those who are returning to ballet. Suggested ballet class attire: fitted yoga style clothing or classical ballet attire and ballet shoes.
- Adult Tap